I've been failing pretty miserably in the kitchen lately... I'm good for maybe 1 dinner a week.. and I pray that the leftovers will last Dave the rest of the week. (I'm more of a snacker at dinner time) So I've been trying to get outta that habit and looking for quick and easy (and tasty) recipes - here's what's good so far:
Pineapple Chicken Salad Pitas - these totally remind me of Pita Pitt in college! They were a-mah-zing
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 4 (6-inch) whole wheat pitas, each cut in half
- 8 Romaine lettuce leaves
Mix everything together except the Pita and Romain lettuce, line each pita with a romaine lettuce leaf and stuff it full of the mixture. Done! Enjoy!
When you take your first bite you'll be like SO happy!
Then you'll be all - hell yeah babe! I cooked!
So what about you guys? Got any quick and easy meals for me to add to my ever-growing 1 dinner a week plan?
(ps - if you haven't ever seen Happy Endings - do yourself a favor and get caught up on Hulu now! The new season starts up at the end of March!)