I was inspired by Erin's recipe, which instantly reminded me of the best meal we had in Belize. We had some delicious home-grown bell peppers from Dave's Dad and had picked up some yummy tomatoes from the Tulsa farmers market. So I went for it!
I'm more of an eye-baller when it comes to recipes, here's my guess as to what all I used:
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
half an onion
2 medium sized filets of tilapia
1 tablespoon EVOO
1 lemon juiced
1 handful of cilantro, chopped
1 pinch of salt and pepper
1 pinch of herbs de provence
- I chopped up all the veggies and tossed them in the olive oil, lemon juice and seasonings
- Thawed the tilapia and chopped it up
- First spray the foil (double layered) with non-stick cooking spray, then fill the foil packets with all the fish and veggies and pour the remaining sauce on top
- Close the foil up so the steam doesn't escape
- Cook for just over 10 minutes on the grill, over medium high heat
Dave was excited!!!
- Serve in a tortilla with guac or salsa and cheese, whichever you prefer!
Yumm! I'm serious you guys, this was delicious!!! I can't wait to make it again!
Hope everyone had a great Labor Day! (I had to work... boo.)